Tuesday, August 11, 2009
All Superheroes have super powers, Superheroes have honors, Superheroes are the chosen ones, Superheroes have gadgets, superheroes have duties, even real life superheroes have degrees, jobs, powers, etc. such as policemen, firemen, president, securities, etc. but not this hero! This hero only has degrees and powers not anything else but he can make the first machine ever to run in a railway track, his name was Richard Trevithick.
He is my hero because he is an inventor and also he work hard making a locomotive that will replace the horses that pull passengers and goods. He has tried many times to reach his success for making this locomotive project works but he had failed to try building the perfect locomotive. However his grandson (George Stephenson) continue his work until he finally reaches his success. He is the inventor of the working locomotive but still Richard Trevithick is the first founder who makes the locomotive train. Also I like him because he builds the locomotive without any help from anyone.
For me a hero is a person who is strong, hard worker and find something to help the future. And that is Richard Trevithick.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
(art museums) There are some art museums in Jakarta.
(Golf courses) there are some golf courses in Jakarta
(Shopping centres) there are shopping centeres in Jakarta
(International Schools) there are international schools in Jakarta
(Ice rinks) there is an ice rink In jakarta
(Virtual reality game centres) there are virtual reality game centeres in jakarta
(Movie theatres) there are movie theaters in jakarta
(Hospitals) there are hospitals in jakarta
(car wash centres) there are car wash centeres in jakarta
(photocopy centres) there are photocopy centeres in jakarta
(chair lifts) there are few of chairlifts in jakarta
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
1. There are lots of Sapphires in Eastern Australia
2. There are lots of Rubies found in Madagascar
3. There are lots of Emeralds in Austria
4. There are lots of Pearls in the Shells
5. There are lots of Fossils in all over the world
1. There a lot of Iron Ore in U.S.A, Midwest
2. There a lot of coal in U.S.A, Midwest
3. There a lot of limestone in Sao pedro de moel beach, Martinha grande, Portugal
4. There a lot of gold in the gold rush mine, near Klondike and Dawson City, Yukon, Canada
5. There a lot of Quartz in Minas Gerais, Brazil
Monday, February 16, 2009
I Have an Interest about my big book of history, In the big book of history there is all kinds of history from George Washington to Sultan Saladin. I have that interest when I was a Pre.K, I always wandering about the greatest history of mankind like muhammad, So When I am in grade 2 I have searching al in the Internet but it is so hard. When I am in grade 4 I have seen stronghold crusader, it is a game about history and the life of a king, emperor and a sultan, I like that kind of history. so my family seen that I have the knowledge so they buy me the big book of history I like that book until now and now I know that they make all things like that for the world. But I am still waiting who will be the next history people that help us to make our life much easier.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Metaphors is talking one thing as if it were another.
They are not introduced with the words "like" or "as",but make direct comparisons. Here are some few examples:
his shirt was a flag, flying in the breeze.
Here are my metaphors:
1. The moon is a slice of cheese.
2. Freckles are small red mountains when they spread across your face.
3. His arms were strong ropes as they lifted the heavy chair.
4. The stars were diamonds as they twinkle in the night sky.
5. The storm was a yellow claws as they clawed against my window.
6. The freshly moved lawn was a short green hair.
7. The noisy children were stomping elephants as they raced through the museum.
8. I was a Dancer as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.
9. The river was a giant snake as as it twisted and turned down the mountain.
10. His cheeks were two big red ballon as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
In the preparation, we, grade five has a job for what are we going to do in the
We will make a displayed water turbine or a ultra simple electric generator (card board version). We chose the ultra simple electric generator, we will make the generator but we have to make the information about how does the generator works, the materials inside the generator in a keynote.
And then we will make the generator, first we have the materials, but seems that one of the material has not worked because to turn the magnet (flapper) is not too strong to attach to the nail (attacher), therefore Mrs.T has to buy another block magnet the strong one, unfortunately there is no block magnet in ITC ( mall ) so Mrs.T buy a waste radio and broke it because in the speakers there is a very strong magnet. the magnet is for making the sound of the radio louder,
I think the generator will works successful, because we already check the materials. We already tested it ( we test it by using a cable and a small light bulb) and it results that the light bulb is on.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
For me sharing the planet means : to preserve the natural beauty of the planet. this mean to prevent the destruction of forests, chemical and vehicle pollution, minimized plastic waste, etc. The important question is: What can we do?
There are so many thing that we can do to prevent the destruction of forests such as: Reforestation, don't cut many trees, gave the small trees fertilizers and water, etc
In chemical and vehicle pollution
we can minimized by going back to nature such as: riding the bicycle or walk as much as possible, use more natural stuff and use less chemical stuff, change the fuel such like : solar cell, bio energy, etc
If we can minimized plastic waste we can stop poison caused by it such as: change the plastic bags into paper bags when you go to the market or the mall, recycle the plastics, use glass more than plastic bottle or cup when you wa
nt to drink, etc
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
1. Normal: The cat sat on the pillow and meowed. Alliterative: The cat curled up on the cushion and cried.
2. Normal: One Saturday a funny reptile moved in the dirt.
Alliterative: One Saturday a silly snake slithered in the sand.
3. Normal: A couple little turtles walked to the city.
Alliterative: Two tiny turtles trotted to the town.
4. Normal: The cold breeze blew past the lake.
Alliterative: The winter wind Whipped past the water .
5. Normal: The rain sprinkled down on the street.
Alliterative: The pitter patter poured down on the pavement
6. Normal: The animal ate food for a meal
Alliterative: The bear ate berries for breakfast
Saturday, January 10, 2009
in 10 december 2008 i go to the safari park in puncak when I go to the safari park I buy 5 carrots for feeding the animals. in the safari park I seen there is lots of different animals the zebras until the humbolt penguins I ask to the zookeeper where is the polar bears? the zookeeper says : the polar bears died because the polar bear is too old three years ago so the director switch the polar bear exhibit into the penguin exhibit. I buy a ticket for feeding the penguins I have 5 sardine to feed the penguins.