Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Metaphors

Metaphors is talking one thing as if it were another. 
They are not introduced with the words "like" or "as",but make direct  comparisons. Here are some few examples: 
his shirt was a flag, flying in the breeze.
Here are my metaphors:
1. The moon is a slice of cheese.
2. Freckles are small red mountains when they spread across your face.
3. His arms were strong ropes as they lifted the heavy chair. 
4. The stars were diamonds as they twinkle in the night sky.
5. The storm was a yellow claws as they clawed against my window.
6. The freshly moved lawn was a short green hair.  
7. The noisy children were stomping elephants as they raced through the museum.
8. I was a Dancer as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.
9. The river was a giant snake as as it twisted and turned down the mountain. 
10. His cheeks were two big red ballon as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment